It doesn’t take a security professional to know that even the most infinitesimal incident can trigger much greater consequences. Because whether security, safety or compliance; even the smallest incidents can bring large and complex companies to their reckoning – by themselves or by contributing to “Death by a thousand cuts”. Clearly, the maxim “What you don’t know can’t hurt you,” doesn’t apply to incident management.
For those new to the world of incident response software, or if you just need to get more out of your application, D3 has compiled this list of Incident Response Software: 5 Things You Need to Know.
Incident management doesn’t work on a one size fits all basis. As a user, it’s important to find incident response software that allows you to configure work flow processes, notifications, and document access permissions to align with the needs of your organization. Conforming to a template can be like trying to fit into a suit four sizes too small – it’s not user-friendly, it won’t grow with you and “repairs” (consulting) add up.
• D3 Incident Response Software has unlimited customization options, which allows for organizations to determine their own forms and fields. In fact, organizations can even create a form on-the-go, with no IT assistance – it’s that easy. With the ability to modify notifications and processes on an ad hoc basis, whilst not compromising superior data management practices, organizations with D3’s software are better prepared for growth, business changes or new projects and challenges.
Incident management can drive benefits in every department of an organization. Sure, security, safety and compliance are the most obvious beneficiaries of incident response software, but legal, HR, IT, accounting and all other departments also gain advantages from collaborative, scalable, secure and easy-to-use incident management processes. A holistic approach to incident management results in greater ROI, higher productivity, and robust organizational intelligence.
• The benefits of D3’s advanced incident response software can be distributed across an organization. Many clients use the system for, of course, security and safety response, but the functionalities of the software can deliver positive data management processes to all departments.
Growing organizations thrive on access to incisive and relevant analytics. Strong data ensures countermeasures taken during incident management processes are well-informed and result in positive policy outcomes. Decisions powered by facts will always drive more efficient, profitable results.
• D3 provides the industry’s richest and most varied set of analytics tools. Our dynamic link analysis tool allows you to connect the dots between relationships of all kinds. Root cause analysis can help you track the reasons why incidents occur in the first place, giving a valuable risk-mitigation tool. Other built-in tools allow you to review the impact of new initiatives, and plot incidents on a geospatial analysis map to reveal trends and prepare your assets in the field.
Many incident response software choices don’t allow you to do anything other than report incidents, or run some very basic analysis reports. If you want to do more, like analyze data from every possible vantage point, track endless metrics, and customize reporting, then you’re forced to wrangle ill-fitting and expensive software integrations. Seeking out value in the form of a full suite of incident management products lets you avoid headaches, save money and reduce the financial impact of proper incident management.
• D3 incident response software is supported by a full suite of incident and security management products that can be added during initial implementation, or as required in the future. With leading case management, guard tour, dispatch and award-winning geospatial intelligence analytics modules, D3 Security can provide the comprehensive functionality you need to protect your assets, employees and customers.
Some incident response software providers will say and do anything, only to not deliver promises at implementation. Problem-solving isn’t their thing. Providers that offer customer service as a costly add-on, rather than a part of every package, aren’t that committed to helping you succeed when it comes to incident management. Keep this in mind when choosing an incident respose software provider to work with.
• D3 provides personalized customer support to all our clients. Deployment, managed training, project management and account management support is all provided through our team of dedicated Business Analysts. Full D3 product suites and a la carte software has been successfully deployed in nearly every market vertical on Earth, and by organizations of all sizes.
To learn more about how D3 Security can be custom built to fit your organization’s needs click on the button below to book a demo.